Text and Images - Creating Links
Using the Text and Image editor, you can easily create links from some text or image on your page to another page on your website (internal link) or to an external website (external link). You can also create a link to a specific spot in the text within a page with longer copy on your site (anchor link).
1. To create a link, open the Text and Image editor and select the text piece or image you want to link.
2. Select the page from your site you want to link to from the Link dropdown.
To add an external link, click inside the text box of the Link Selection Interface, and start typing*. The set button becomes green as soon as you've entered a valid link.
Linking to an email is as simple as typing a valid email address into the text area. When the email link (email@example.com) is clicked, a new email (To: this address) will be opened in the computers default email program. You can even link to a phone number to allow call-on-click dialing from supported devices.
A valid link is automatically indicated by an icon that appears in front of the link address, specifying the type of link. Different icons are displayed for internal pages, normal (http) and secure (https) external links, email addresses, and phone numbers.
*You can also Paste a URL you have already copied using the keyboard shortcut for Paste: Click your mouse in the Link field, and then press 'Ctrl' + 'V' (For Mac users 'Apple' + 'V').
By default, all internal links open in the current browser window, while all external links open in a new tab or window. With the Advanced Options enabled, you can change this behavior any way you want and have full control over where you want your links to open.
- Same Window
- New Window
- Lightbox (a user can click an image to have it magnified in a window)
- Search Engines nofollow (link will not be indexed by Search Engines)
Anchor links are especially useful if you want to link to a particular spot (sentence, paragraph, image) in a rather long page.
First you need to Insert an Anchor at the spot that will be the destination for the link.
- Position your mouse cursor where the anchor should be and click the Insert Anchor icon . A small Anchor icon will appear at that spot in the text.
- To edit the anchor name - click on the Anchor icon . The Anchor toolbar will open to the right. Write the new name in the Name field.
- Click Update. The page will reload and the newly added anchor will be saved.
You can link to Anchors from text and images, navigation menus, and gallery images.
To create a text link to an Anchor:
- Highlight the word(s) you want to make a link.
- From the Link dropdown, select the page where the anchor was created. Click the anchor icon to choose from the anchors on the page.**
- Press to submit the changes to the page.
**NOTE: Newly created anchors must be saved before they can be selected.