Setting up your domain for using the mail service
If email hosting is included with your website account, you will need to contact our Support team using the Help button in your website Admin to enable the mail services for your domain. Your domain should be first properly configured:
- If you have registered your domain, and it will be entirely hosted with us (domain, web and mail), you will need to update the Name servers for your domain to:
- If your domain is hosted with another provider, but you will be using mail services with us, please set (or ask your DNS hosting provider to set) the following Mail (MX) records for it:
You should also create an "A" record MAIL. pointing to 18.104.22.168
- If you are currently using mail services with another provider, we'll need to follow a mail hosting transfer procedure that ensures seamless transition without loss of email. For the exact steps, please contact us using the Help button in your website Admin.
- If we have registered the domain for you, we'll apply the needed domain settings for you
If you are not sure which option applies for you, please contact our Support Team using the Help button in your website Admin.
Once we confirm that your domain properly set up and mail services are enabled, we'll send you administration details for managing the mail boxes and helping users at your domain set up and use their accounts.Managing Mailboxes
As a Mail Admin for your domain you can add, edit and delete mailboxes
at it using the administrative panel.
- Go to http://mail.website-creator.org and login with the admin email and password provided by our Support Team.
- To add a new Mailbox, from the menu on top select Add Mailbox
Fill in the username, password, name. Set the Quota to 1000MB - this is the maximum size for email storage on the account. Make sure the mailbox is set as Active. Then press Add Mailbox. A matching alias (forwarding email) will be created for each active mailbox.
Once the mailbox is created, you can send the username: e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and password info to the user and a link to the instructions on using email.
- To add a new forwarding email (alias), select the Add Alias option from the top menu.
Fill in the alias and set the email to which it should forward in the To field.
Please note that an alias itself is not an actual mailbox (with username and password), but simply forwards email to another address. I.e. to check mail sent to the alias, the user should login with the details for the destination address to which the alias is forwarded.
- To edit the settings for an existing mailbox, go to Overview, and click on the domain name. This will give you a list of all mailboxes and aliases at the domain. Click on the Edit link for the respective email /alias.